Answered By: Laura Montanez
Last Updated: Jan 29, 2016     Views: 66

JMU alumni do not retain access to most online research tools and services after graduation or separation from the University. This includes off-campus access to research databases and online journals as well as services such as interlibrary loan. To learn more about how your e-id is administered upon separation from the University, visit the Electronic ID (e-ID) page.

RefWorks and Project MUSE are available to alumni as part of the Libraries' subscriptions.  (Click here to learn how to access RefWorks after graduation.)  Open access resources to which the Libraries link are also available to JMU alumni.  Please visit our Alumni Access page for a list of resources you may use after leaving JMU.

JMU Libraries are open to use by the general public.  Alumni living in the area may use online research tools and obtain research assistance in the libraries.  Alumni may access the Libraries' computers by registering at the public service desk with a photo ID.  All public users are subject to the current Appropriate Use Policy.

Alumni may check out books and other materials from the libraries by becoming a community borrower.  Community borrowers must be a Massanutten Regional Library patron in good standing, an employee of Rockingham Memorial Hospital, or a Virginia state teacher.  Community borrowers must present ID and a library card or employee ID to a public service desk member to check out JMU Libraries' materials. 

Interlibrary loan services through JMU are not available to alumni, but most public libraries provide this service. Massanutten Regional Library provides interlibrary loan services for the Harrisonburg community for a small fee.   For more information, please contact the public service desks at Carrier Library (540-568-6150) or Rose Library (540-568-2731). 

Related Topics

    Contact Us