Answered By: Laura Montanez Last Updated: Aug 15, 2016 Views: 9
JMU Libraries offers more than one option for obtaining dissertations:
- Check JMU Library Catalog or Quick Search with both a title and an author search. The library owns JMU dissertations and masters theses. The library does not actively purchase dissertations from other institutions, but some are republished later as books or may otherwise be in the collection.
- Going forward, most JMU dissertations will be available on JMU Scholarly Commons.
- Search Dissertation Abstracts Online with Digital Dissertations. Generally, full text can be found for dissertations and masters theses published from 1996 to the present. This research database will help you identify dissertations and masters theses as well as read the full text of some of them.
- Request the dissertation through Interlibrary Loan. Interlibrary Loan is a service that will borrow materials from other libraries for you.
- Request the dissertation through Dissertation Express (through Interlibrary Loan). The cost is $29.00 per dissertation. Visit the Interlibrary Loan office on the second floor of Carrier Library for this service.
See all JMU Honors, Masters, and PhD theses and dissertations listed in JMU Library Catalog.
The list is categorized by department and degree. Using the sort options at the top of the page, you can also view the titles by title, author, and year. Click on Limit Search to refine your list.