Answered By: Desk Ask the Library
Last Updated: Sep 17, 2015     Views: 230

James Madison University (JMU), Eastern Mennonite University (EMU), Bridgewater College, and Blue Ridge Community College are all open to local residents. Books can be checked out from the following places with the following restrictions: 

JMU - patrons must be over 18 years of age and present either a current college ID card from EMU, Bridgewater, or BRCC; or, a Massanutten Regional Library card and picture ID, or an RMH Employee ID.

Bridgewater College - patrons must complete an application for borrowing privileges

EMU - non-students must have a Community Borrower card and a picture ID

BRCC - patrons need a library card obtained by giving a Social Security number and a local address. 

UVA – patrons can request a free library card with identification including a Virginia driver's license or an ID card from a Virginia higher education institution 
Massanutten Regional Library - patrons can request a free library card with proof of residency for Rockingham, Page, Albemarle, Augusta, Greene, Madison, Rappahannock, Shenandoah or Warren Counties of Virginia, and Hardy or Pendleton Counties in West Virginia. Library services are available to residents of other areas for a fee of $35 per year. 

Most United States libraries participate in a service called Interlibrary Loan in which libraries lend materials to one another on patrons' behalf.  Check the local public, school, or college library where you have a library card for more details about Interlibrary Loan.

Click here for a complete list of JMU Libraries' checkout policies.

Contact Us