Q. How do I add library resources to a Canvas course?
Library Link in Canvas Navigation- Default and Custom Settings
A link to JMU Libraries is in Canvas course navigation by default. The link goes to the JMU Libraries home page but it can be changed to go to any library site, such a subject-specific research guide developed by your liaison librarian. Contact your liaison librarian for questions about this and other options.
How to Add the Libraries' Quick Search Widget to a Canvas Page
- Log in to Canvas and navigate to the Course that you want to add the widget to.
- Navigate to the existing Page that will include the widget, or create a new Page.
- Click “Edit” on the right side of the screen.
- On the editor screen, click on the “HTML Editor” tab above the text box to enter the HTML editor.
- Copy the following text and paste it into the editor where you’d like the widget to show up.
<iframe src="https://www.lib.jmu.edu/libsearch/libsearch.aspx?config=canvas.xml" width="100%" height="250" style="overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 5px;"></iframe>
- Click “Save”.
- Verify that the widget is placed in the correct location.
How to Add Library Resources to a Page
- Click Pages in the Canvas left hand navigation.
- To add a new page, click “View All Pages” then +Page.
- To edit an existing page, click on the page title, then the Edit button:
- Place your cursor where you want to embed a library resource.
- In the toolbar, click on the Library Resource Integrator icon.
(If you have many tools installed, this icon may appear under the icon.)
- Select the link you want to insert, or the widget you want to embed. You can also enter a link to a URL of your choosing, as well as the text for the link.
- Click Submit.
- You can repeat steps 5-7 to insert more links
- When you’re finished, click Save.