Q. How do I set up a Canvas account without a JMU e-ID?
1. Open a web browser and enter the following web address: http://canvas.jmu.edu
2. Click the link in the lower part of the screen to begin setting up your account. You must use the email you provided on your registration form.
3. Normally, this is where you will login with your email address and password, but first you need to be given a password. For now, click “Don’t know your password?”
4. Enter the SAME email address you used when registering. This will be your login email. Then click “request password” to have your password emailed to your address. If this does not work then try another email address that you may have used to register with.
5. An email will be sent to you with your randomly generated password. Use this to login to Canvas. If you forget your password you can repeat this process again to create a new password.