Answered By: David Black Last Updated: Apr 02, 2019 Views: 62
Yes, you can access your RefWorks account when you graduate or if you transfer to or from JMU!
Graduates: JMU alumni or students who leave JMU can access their RefWorks account created using their @dukes.jmu.edu email. NOTE: if you lose your password, you will have no way to retrieve it. You may want to consider backing your references up to a different reference software, such as Zotero.
Transfers to JMU: If you had a RefWorks account at your previous school and transfer to JMU, you can migrate your account to JMU's subscription.
- First, create a new RefWorks account by clicking here.
- Click the "+" near the top left of the screen, and select "Import References" (see attached screenshot)
- This will prompt you to log into your old Refworks account, and will walk you through the steps.
- Alternatively, if you exported your references to a file, this will allow you to upload that file.
- For more on importing references, see the Refworks Importing Guide
Questions or technical issues? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAQ unpublished due to duplicated content and higher usage of FAQ entry "Can JMU alumni still use the library after they graduate?" (ID #76858)