Answered By: David Black Last Updated: Aug 30, 2018 Views: 70
Importing records from JMU Library Catalog into RefWorks is a great way to include books from JMU Libraries in your list of works cited. If you wanted to get creative, you could even export from JMU Library Catalog to keep track of books that you'd like to read or movies you'd like to see.
The easiest way to import references into RefWorks is to use the "Save to RefWorks" tool, which can be installed on any browser.
1) Go to RefWorks. The easiest way to access Refworks is under the "Accounts" tab of the Libraries' homepage.
2) Log in to RefWorks or sign up for a RefWorks account using your JMU email account.
3) Select the "Tools" Icon from the toolbar, and select "Tools" from the dropdown menu.
4) Click "Install Save to Refworks." A new window will open, and simply drag the Save to RefWorks button to your browser toolbar.
5) On the Library homepage, use QuickSearch to search the Catalog (or any other collection).
6) Click on any item that suits your need and click the "Save to RefWorks" button to import the item directly into RefWorks. *Be sure to click the "Save to RefWorks" button in the bottom left corener, or your sources will not be imported!*
- Alternatively, you can click the "Save to RefWorks" button from the search results screen and select multiple sources. This allows you to bulk upload information: