Q. My TurningPoint Charts are not populating with student data.
This could be because the session was not reset before you started, be sure to click on Reset Session before starting a new clicker class to zero everything out.
This could also be due to a feature missing in the PPT objects when Office Upgraded to 2010. IT has been notified and has resolved this issue in the classrooms that were reported to us that clickers would be in use. To fix this on your office computer please see the list of steps below. To double check if your version of PowerPoint is missing the object, go into PowerPoint and click on the Insert menu. Choose Objects. Look for a tool called Microsoft Graph Chart listed. If you do not have Microsoft Graph Chart please follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the Control Panel on your computer and go to Programs and Features.
- Click on Microsoft Office Professional Plus in your list of programs and then click the Change Button that is now an option on the menu at the top of the screen.
- Click Add/Remove Features on the Window that pops up.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and click the plus (+) sign next to Office Tools.
- Locate the Tool called Microsoft Graph and Click the Disk image to the left of it to pull up a menu of options.
- Choose Run All from My Computer from the list that pops up
- Click Continue.
This should then update this feature, in general the update does not take that long. To double check that it has worked, go into PowerPoint and click on the Insert menu. Choose Objects. There should now be a tool called Microsoft Graph Chart listed and this is the tool that TurningPoint needs to run your charts.