Q. How do I add Webex to a class site in Canvas?
- Before you can use Webex inside Canvas, you must connect your JMU e-ID to the Webex service to make Canvas and Webex communicate. You must only do this once. Go to https://jmu.webex.com and log in with your JMU E-ID and password. After logging in once, you can use Webex entirely from inside your Canvas classes.
- Log into Canvas and choose a class to which you would like to add Webex.
- Verify you have the Webex link in the class navigation bar. If you have the link pictured below somewhere in your class navigation bar, you can stop reading this tutorial.
- Click on the Settings link at the bottom of the class navigation bar.
- Click on the Navigation tab in the upper middle of the screen. Next, scroll down the page to find the Webex button in the list of inactive buttons at the bottom of the page.
- Drag the button up from the inactive list to the list of active buttons on the upper part of the page.
- Once you’ve placed the Webex button in the order you desire, click the Save button at the bottom of the screen. The Webex button should appear in your class navigation bar.
Was this helpful? 0 0