Q. How can I invite guests to my class sessions in Webex?
You can invite guests, including anyone without a JMU e-ID, to your scheduled sessions in Webex inside Canvas with the following steps.
- Browse to a scheduled class session in your Canvas class. (Find out how to schedule sessions on this tutorial.)
- Use the buttons at the top if the calendar panel to move through your scheduled event calendar. These buttons are in a row, to the right of the Schedule and Quick Launch buttons. They appear as:
- left and right arrow buttons to move your view backward and forward through time;
- a downward arrow button which reveals a small calendar you can use to quickly browse by days, months, and years; and
- the Day, Week and Agenda buttons which toggle the view of the event calendar panel to those.
- Locate the session you wish to invite a guest to in the calendar. Click on the small plus symbol button (+) that appears just after the time of the session.
- Click on the Invite Guest button that appears as a small person with a plus symbol and an additional panel will open.
- As illustrated in the below image, click a button to either copy a link to share with guest(s) or invite the guest(s) by email. On this panel, you will find:
- the "copy a link" option, requires you to generate an individual link for each guest;
- the email option allows you to easily invite multiple guests at one time;
- the links or email invitation you generate here will allow anyone to join as an attendee, do not post these links on the open web;
- guests join as attendees but their role can be changed by the host (For more about the roles in Webex, see this tutorial to fine out more about the roles each conference type offers.); and
- guest links do not allow access to session recordings by default, but you can change that. We recommend considering the FERPA implications if you must change this.
See more about Webex on the Guide to Hybrid & Online Teaching at JMU.
Was this helpful? 0 0