Answered By: Elizabeth Price Last Updated: Aug 24, 2021 Views: 5
JMU has access to the Financial Times through a few databases. Here is guidance on how to accomplish common activities
- How to Browse Today's Headlines
- How to Search for Articles on a Topic
- How to Share an Article with other JMU members
- Go to the Libraries’ home page
- Click on the Journals link beneath the search bar
- Type “Financial Times” into the search bar
- Click on the first result Financial times (London, England : Online)
- In the Get JMU Access > Online Availability section, click on the Factiva option available since 1981.
- If prompted, log in with your JMU eID and with Duo
- You will now see all of the Financial Times articles, but they are ranked in Relevance order based on Factiva’s algorithm.
- Select "Sort by: Most recent first" in the Sort by dropdown. Articles are updated continually.
- Follow the steps for accessing the Financial Times listed above
- On the Factiva page for Financial Times results, Select "Modify Search" to open a search box to enter your terms
Use this tool to create links to articles in Factiva which can be posted in Canvas or shared with other JMU users. Factiva's structure does not allow you to copy a link directly from the database.
Create a link to an article
1. In Factiva, find your article and copy the "Document" number located at the bottom of the article.
Created using code adapted from the University of Missouri Library.