Answered By:
Last Updated: Feb 13, 2024     Views: 118

We offer these services and resources to help you access digital data on obsolete devices:

Borrow our equipment to use on your own: You can borrow equipment, such as external DVD/CD drives, external hard drives, or memory card readers, from the Learning Innovations & Design Desk. You can borrow USB Apple Superdrives (CD/DVD drives) from the Music Library.

Use our equipment in our spaces, with assistance available: You can use DVD, Blu-ray, VHS, or microform readers at JMU Libraries Express. In the Music Library, you can use a recording transfer station, which allows you to play and transfer from many formats, including LP (vinyl) and cassette. Our staff will happily assist you with using these devices during your visit.

Get help with your teaching and learning: We provide services supporting access to materials for your classes. Our media production team offers video and audio conversion services for media for instructional useYou can also use our media collection in your teaching or request streaming video content for your Canvas course. Finally, you can request that printed items in our collections be scanned and delivered for use in Canvas.

For additional support with accessing obsolete technology, we recommend contacting the JMU IT Help Desk.