Q. How do I install the Canvas app on my iPhone?
The Canvas mobile app is free. Please follow these instructions for installing the mobile app on your iPhone or other iOS device:
1. Find the mobile in in the Apple App store. Note that there are two Canvas apps. You want the one with the reddish icon:
2. Open the Canvas app.
3. You may already be logged in with credentials Canvas extracts from your iOS setttings. These will not work. If you don’t see a welcome screen like the one pictured below, you will have to click the circle in the upper-right corner of the app and then click the Logout button:
4. Click the Get Started button, which will take you to the Connect screen:
5. Enter the JMU Canvas URL, which is canvas.jmu.edu. Click the Connect button, which will take you to the JMU login service:
6.You may want to zoom in on boxes where you will enter your JMU EID and password:
7. Enter your JMU EID and password (the very same credentials you always use with Canvas).
8. Swipe through the “getting started” screens until you end up here:
9. Click Get Started button one last time to use Canvas on your iPhone.