Q. Where can download the Respondus Campus-Wide Edition?
Download & Install
- You will need to be on-campus to download the Campus-Wide edition.
- Download the campus-wide edition of Respondus4Campus linked here.
- Unzip and install the program then follow the instructions below.
- After the installation process has completed, a Respondus icon will appear on your Windows Desktop.
- Click on the icon to launch the Respondus program.
The first time you run the program you will be asked to enter:
- the name of the institution
- the local support contacts, and
- the installation password.
This information must be entered EXACTLY as follows:
- Institution Name: James Madison University
- Local Support Contact: Eric Hansen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Installation Password: Y2007I338212896Rba7958d66f46f385
It is recommended that you accept the default settings for where the program is installed.
Installation on Personal Computers & Use
Our license DOES permit you to install a copy of the Respondus software on a home computer. However, please note that you are not permitted to provide the Respondus software or the password information to anyone who is not affiliated with our institution. Such an action is a violation of our licensing agreement with Respondus and is also illegal.
Context Sensitive Help
Context-sensitive help is available throughout the Respondus program by:
- pressing the F1 key
- selecting “Help” from the pull-down menu on the toolbar.
Refer to either the Respondus User Guide or the online help offered by Respondus.
The Respondus User Guide (in Word/Wordpad format) can be downloaded from https://www.respondus.com/products/userguide.shtml
Online help offered by Respondus:
- Quick Start Guides - short software guides for new users
- User Guides - a detailed reference covering all aspects of an application
- Training Videos - brief videos that show how to use Respondus applications
- Knowledge Base - answers to frequently asked questions
Contact Us for Help, Not Respondus
If you are still unable to resolve your problem, direct your questions to the Local Support Contacts listed above. Our license does NOT permit instructors to obtain support directly from Respondus, Inc. If our staff is unable to solve a particular question or problem, we will contact Respondus, Inc. on your behalf. We hope that you will find the Respondus software useful.