How do faculty and staff set up their Poll Everywhere web portal account using the JMU Enterprise account?
- Create your Poll Everywhere “Presenter” account:
- Visit www.PollEverywhere.com.
- Select “Log in.”
- If you do not have an existing Poll Everywhere Presenter account using your @jmu.edu email address, select “Create one now.”
- If you already have an account using your @jmu.edu email, log in or select “Forgot your password?” to reset your password.
- Send an email to LETsupport@jmu.edu and request that your personal Presenter account be merged with the JMU Poll Everywhere enterprise account.
- Once you receive confirmation that your personal Presenter account has been merged with the JMU enterprise account, you will sync your Canvas course(s) with your Poll Everywhere account:
- On your Canvas course page(s), go to “Course Settings > Navigation.” Click and drag the “Poll Everywhere” tab up into the active tabs
- While logged in to your Presenter account on www.PollEverywhere.com in another tab of the same internet browser, click on this newly-added Poll Everywhere tab from your Canvas course’s navigation bar. If you have not already logged in to Poll Everywhere from another tab, you will be presented with a message stating “Log in to use the LMS integration.” If you have already logged in to Poll Everywhere and still receive this message, refresh the web page.
- If you are properly logged in, the Poll Everywhere button on your Canvas Course will direct you to www.PollEverywhere.com, where you will see the name of your Canvas Course along with an option to “Add Gradebook” and “Sync Roster.” Selecting the “Sync Roster” option will send an invite to all the students in your Canvas Course and add them to a Poll Everywhere Group named after your Course. This should also “Register” these students to the James Madison University Poll Everywhere account if they haven’t already registered while taking a previous course.
- Ensure your students are registering for Poll Everywhere correctly:
- Students can inadvertently sign up for the wrong type of Poll Everywhere account, which may affect their ability to access Activities that require Registration. There are two sign-up websites: www.PollEverywhere.com (for “Presenters” or teachers) and www.pollEV.com (for “Participants” or students).
- Instead of using the Poll Everywhere link in your Canvas Dashboard, direct students to sign up at www.pollEV.com (NOT www.PollEverywhere.com). They must sign up using their JMU @dukes.jmu.edu. account. If they receive a message informing them their email is already taken, they should reset their password.
- We recommend you set up a persistent Test Activity by “Pinning” an Activity that requires students to be registered to view. This way, students can test whether they are able to participate, even outside of class.
Was this helpful? 0 0